The ESP8266-07 features an on-board ceramic antenna as well as uFL connector allowing an external antenna to be connected for greater range.
Add Internet to your next project with an adorable, bite-sized WiFi microcontroller, at very low price. The ESP8266 processor from Espressif is an 80 MHz microcontroller with a full WiFi front-end (both as client and access point) and TCP/IP stack with DNS support as well. We do sell these on a breakout, but maybe you wanna just put this in your own project PCB.
ESP-07 comes pre-progammed with AT firmware, you can install ESP support on Arduino IDE and can program your ESP module wth your favourite Arduino IDE so you are ready to rock. Some extra parts will be needed to get this going, check out the post for the extra components we recommend.
- External antenna port
- This module requires a 3.3 volt supply for VCC, and 3.3V logic.
- Connecting RX or TX on 5V Arduino will destroy this module.
- You must use a logic level converter, or a 3.3V Arduino.
- The 3.3V supply on the Arduino Uno has inadequate current capability to power this module.
- You must provide a separate, higher 3.3V supply(about 300mA or better).
- It is used in wireless data communication.
- Wi-Fi controlled robot.
- Internet of Things
What’s included in package:
- ESP8266 ESP-07
- Adapter Plates compatible with ESP-07
- External antenna is not included in this package. Purchase an included package here.